Dr. Munther Al Busaidi from Sultan Qaboos University offered a workshop on ‘Budget Preparation skills’ at SCD on 5th of April 2018. It was a comprehensive training session that focused on essential skills required to understand the process of accounting basics, financial statement, profit & loss a/c and budgeting within an organization. This session was designed to address all relevant issues concerned budget preparation and cost analysis at SCD and led participants to gain budgeting skills with hands-on experience on how costs behave so that realistic budget plan can be produced.
This workshop enabled participants to:
• Identify the key elements to understand accounting structure,
• develop a proper system for cost analysis for budgeting processes,
• enhance budgeting and financial skills required for better decision-
• Categorize sources of operational and financial data to support
budgeting process and
• implement best practices to manage budgeting performance.