Latest in SCD :
The Fine Arts Department offers Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts in photography. The Fine Arts and Photography programs are designed to assist students attain full development as leading creative artists in both the studio arts as well as art history and philosophy.
The fine arts program aims at helping talented and interested students actualize their creative potentials in various field of visual perception and expression.
As a specialized field of study, the program is meant to provide students with the creative, artistic, and intellectual foundation upon which they can build their creative contributions. As such, all the arts major courses are studio hands-on courses whereby the student is introduced to a wide range of traditional and new media, techniques and styles and exposed to the study of the theoretical and historical backgrounds of each art discipline. Fine arts program espouses a global view of the arts while nurturing the individual artistic voice of every budding talent.
Students are encouraged to express their own artistic vision and to communicate their society’s cultural interests through an advanced visual discourse.
1. The Department of fine art offers its students an education in plastic art disciplines as an integral part of a comprehensive educational experience.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental or “formal properties” of art: line, positive/ negative space, shade/tone, texture, color, composition etc.
3. Our degree programs offer intense, professional education in the aesthetics and theories of the Fine arts. Additionally, students will be trained in the skill and intellectual awareness that are the basis for a future of creative and professional achievement in the Fine arts.
4. Understand basic premises in art movement across a timeline of history
5. To cultivate students as fine art professionals with the theoretical research ability and arts practice.
6. Understand basic techniques of “process” and how to use the different tools and materials in a variety of media: drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramics, design, sketching etc.
7. Apply problem-solving strategies as a means to create strong finished art/design projects, individually or collaboratively.
8. To cultivate students with abilities of independent thinking and research of humanity subject. By studying art history and art critiques, students will be able to apply what they have learned to a variety of researches. They will become art theorists and art curators who also equip with abilities of art critiques and art history.
In view of the currently burgeoning artistic scene in Muscat, graduates of the fine arts program can find gainful employment as:
1. Productive visual artistic
2. 3D sculptors and ceramic modelers.
3. Art directors and consultants.
4. Art teachers in private schools.
5. Visual researchers of traditional handicrafts.
6. Painting restorers.
7. Art critics.
Photography is a two Latin word expression: Photo means Light and graph which means drawing. so, Photography is drawing with light.
Photography is the art, science and practice of creating images by recording light or other electromagnetic radiation, either chemically by means of a photographic film, or electronically by means of an image sensor.
A program that focuses on the principles and techniques of communicating information, ideas, moods, and feelings through the creation of images on a photographic film, plates, digital images and prepare Students to be professional photographic artists.
The program includes instruction in camera and equipment operation and maintenance, film and plate developing, light and composition, films and printing media, color and special effects, photographic art, photographic history, use of computer applications to record or enhance images and applications to the photography of various subjects.
1. To seek a liberal arts education designed to acquaint the students with leading ideas and issues that steer and shape the arts.
2. Develop a broad base of theoretical knowledge and the necessary practical skills.
3. Provide a platform for graduate students in photography specializations.
4. Enhance the student’s sense of imagination, creative personal expression and their pursuit for excellence.
5. Create works that are both ethically sound and culturally aware to have a positive impact on their society and community.
Photography graduates have potential careers in commercial photography, photography equipment stores, advertising photography, fashion photography, forensic photography, photojournalism, fine art exhibition and installation, media outlets such as magazines and newspapers either on a freelance or editorial basis, galleries, museums and government either for professional studios or freelance.
2nd Training & Career Fair / معرض التدريب والتوظيف الثاني
Graduation Ceremony 2017