Graphic Design is the process of visually communicating ideas and information through the use of words and images in printed, environmental, and electronic formats. It is a multifaceted discipline, which encompasses a variety of contents and media. Duties of the graphic designer include poster design, identity systems, packaging, publication and web design. Scientific College of Design provides a comprehensive education within this ever-expanding discipline and strives to prepare proficient, imaginative, and resourceful graphic designers with critical minds to evaluate their own work, its place in the professional arena and in the larger community, which they are meant to serve. The college offers two tracks for the study of graphic design: print design and digital design whereby students can choose their area of focus at the end of their junior year.
- Gain functional competence with principles of visual organization, including the ability to work with visual elements in two and three dimensions; color theory and its applications; drawing, painting, calligraphy and photography.
- Enabling students to master all technical and practical aspects of Graphic Design and helping students understand the historical references as well as developments in Graphic Design.
- Training students to operate with the most recent and relevant software in graphics, to solve different graphic design problems and applications through intensive studio work.
- Demonstrate ability to create and develop visual form in response to communication problems, including an understanding of principles of visual organization, composition, information hierarchy, symbolic representation, typographic terminology, aesthetics, and the construction of meaningful images.
- Demonstrate an understanding of tools and technology, including their roles in the creation, reproduction and distribution of visual messages.
- Develop competence in various print design genres including poster design, identity system, branding design, advertising campaigns, publication design and packaging.
- Apply in their work an understanding of English composition, business writing, psychology, computer science, marketing, and art history.
- Gain employment in a range of fields including advertising design, publishing, packaging and exhibition design.
- Find employment as freelancers in a range of fields such as printing, media, education, publishing such as newspaper, magazines and tourism.
1. Foster an environment of creativity and enquiry in which students can acquire skills and develop artistic direction.
2. Prepare students as future design leaders who have the ability to inform, guide, clarify, promote, and empower through visual dynamic form.
3. Provide a learning environment in which innovation, invention, and originality can be developed within a range of different but closely related graphic design-digital tracks.
4. Prepare a generation of graphic designers-digital in-tuned with the domestic artistic spirit and mind set yet connected to contemporary trends in the field.
5. Promote a multidisciplinary vision, which facilitates the ability to translate ideas into visual messages that inform, persuade, and incite individuals and audiences to action.
6. Students will learn the ability how to combine visual elements into interactive contextual designs and will practice core skills of developing motion and animation design to deliver the message.
7. Create consistent, visually appealing webpage designs using latest interactive/web design programs.
1. Gain employment in a range of fields including Games and Mobile Apps.
2. Find employment as freelancers in a range of fields such as marketing, TV media, education, e-publishing and information technology and more society segments.
3. Manage and produce privately an animated sequence for a television program, and interactive CD- Rom for Government/Private sectors.
2-D and 3-D computer animation today uses a variety of different techniques and technologies ranging from flash to motion capture. When compared to stop-motion or traditional hand drawn cell animation, these modern techniques have the ability to simulate highly complex and far more realistic movement sequences.
To seek a liberal arts education designed to acquaint the students with leading ideas and issues that steer and shape the arts.
Develop creative, intellectual and practical skills to grow aesthetically & professionally.
Develop an advanced broad base of theoretical knowledge and necessary practical skills to create the illusion of life and motion.
Provide a platform to develop sophisticated and contemporary design solutions and contribute to the ongoing development in the discipline.
Enhance the student’s sense of imagination, creative personal expression and their pursuit for excellence.